Rain

Last night before I went out I went over to my friend Will's flat for pre-drinks. We ended up having the biggest intense chat about sick photography books/photographers/filmmakers and poetry. When I say intense chat I mean Will showing me book after book of all these sick people and the shit that he has been checking out and reading about recently. There was some serious inspiration going around. If we hadn't planned to go out it could have gone on all night. This is one of his favorite poems by Raymond Carver, someone I've been a lot more interested in since my 'pre-drinks'.

Rain


Woke up this morning with
a terrific urge to lie in bed all day
and read. Fought against it for a minute.


Then looked out the window at the rain.
And gave over. Put myself entirely
in the keep of this rainy morning.


Would I live my life over again?
Make the same unforgivable mistakes?
Yes, given half a chance. Yes.