LA HAINE



I just finished an essay on the film La Haine and by god what an incredible film. I was going to post something about Avatar but I'd much rather bring this film to your attention. I've heard people talk about it for ages and recommend it but its only till recent that I got round to watching it. I could start to explain what it's about but I'd rather you watched it and found out for yourself. Plus I just wrote like 2000 words.
This is the trailer, I couldn't find a subtitled version so I've written what the man is saying at the beginning in French just below. Seriously, fucking awesome stuff.

It's a story about a guy who falls from a 50 story building.
As he falls, he tries to reassure himself by repeating:


"So far, so good" 
"So far, so good"
"So far, so good"


It's not the fall that matters, it's the landing.