Ferrier Estate, Kidbrooke.

I've been thinking about putting this post up for way too long, I really couldn't decide what photos to chose to put up. But I've come to the decision to just put a few up and link you to the Flickr set. I should do that more I suppose. Basically, a group of us headed to this estate in Kidbrooke, South London a few Sundays ago as Myles told us it was worth checking out...and trust me, it was.
So in the late 60's the council thought it'd be a great idea to build a giant concrete estate to house thousands of people. It was done quickly, cheaply and it was one of the first of its kind. It had its own school, pub, doctors surgery and church. The concrete that made the walls, benches, paths and even garden walls were all made on site. Over the years the estate deteriorated into an outcasted place to society. Crime, unemployment and general unpleasantness of the place slowly snowballed out of control until it got deemed widely as 'a bit on the rough side'. Basically your shoes would get nicked if you walked to slow.

So 40 years later they decide its time for this giant shit hole to go and it wasn't such a good idea after all. They have a £1,000,000,000 go ahead to flatten it and transform the place, into another 'state of the art' estate...

So for the last 10 years or so they have slowly been moving thousands of people off the Kidbrooke estate. It's currently in its final stages but some people still remain and jesus christ, shits got weird. It's like a giant futuristic ghost town. When you walk through the parks, buildings and pathways you feel your like that guy at the beginning of 28 days later, there should be people everywhere, but theres just not. So freaky. But never the less, fucking interesting and a gold mine for photographers. So like I said, a group of us headed down there to check shit out...

I couldn't decide which ones to put up on here so I just chose some of my favorites of recent and linked the Flickr below these.